Thursday, 19 November 2015

Catching up...

It has been ages since I blogged. Life has been crazy! And I have been casting on like mad, and I've been casting off a few things as well...

A finished pair of orange socks, which my mother-in-law seems to like so they will be in her stocking this Christmas.

My finished SummerTide MKAL shawl on my new blocking mat. I've never properly blocked things before so the mats are changing things a lot for me! Knit with 4-ply yarn from Wrap and Turn in Glow and Rust colourways.


Two hats from the Tea Collection by Clare Devine. The top one is Lapsang and is for me, and the bottom is Everyday Brew for my sister-in-law for Christmas. Both done with James C. Brett marble chunky in MC52.
 Another pair of socks for the mother-in-law, knit with Alize Superwash sock yarn in colourway 4656. This time with a properly calculated toe as I signed up for the Craftsy class 'Socks my way' with Lara Neel.
And finally, it's not finished but I had to mention it, my Exploration Station shawl knit with Blacker Yarns 10th Anniversary Cornish Tin 4-ply which is a special project for myself. Currently being housed in a lovely project bag from Knit Stitch and Bits.

There are several other WIPs, but I'll save them for another time.

Happy knitting! Mrs B x x

No comments:

Post a Comment