I have completed two pairs of socks so far. The first pair I ever knit were in chunky weight, fluffy yarn (what was I thinking?!?) and I gifted them to my mother-in-law who thankfully didn't take it as an insult and uses them as winter house socks.
![]() |
| Pair 1 made with James C. Brett Passion |
![]() |
| Pair 2 made with Stylecraft Alpaca DK (getting there!) |
| Pair 3 - Just keep knitting, just keep knitting... |
(It should be noted that I did attempt a different sock pattern in this yarn before attempting pair 3. However, after finishing sock 1 I decided it was so hideous that sock 2 would never exist and sock 1 would be kept as a reminder to never make anything that ugly again!)
| The orange Frankein-sock of 2015 |
Over the coming months I am going to be experimenting with different needles. So far I have tried the following:
ChiaGoo 9" Red circulars (they get a solid 6.5-7/10)
Knit Pro Symfonie 100cm circulars (5/10)
Pony circulars (not fun!)
I am also going to be experimenting with different yarns, including wool free sock yarn as most of my blood relations have an allergy to wool.
I am on a quest; to fall in love with sock knitting. I love hand knitted socks, I love sock yarn, but making them, hmmmm, I think a little more red wine and candle light is needed...
Mrs B x x


No comments:
Post a Comment